[Hardware feature r...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Hardware feature request] Dongles for wireless transmission  

AlexC
Registered
(@alexc)

I am looking for a hardware+software solution similar to your product. 
The limitation is given by the connection to the devices.

The goal is to display image slideshows over a larger number 10-20 (dumb) display units, or anything with HDMI port. As these monitors are spread around a gallery, wireless connection for data is needed (the hardware part -dongle); only power goes to these monitors. Can't install a wifi dongle to each, because they're dumb. There is a certain speed limitation (each hardware 'dongle' should buffer the image in 3-5s while the previous one is displayed). No other interaction (mouse/keyboard) needed on them - simple/dumb picture frames - like ads in bilboards cycling. And all this should be controlled from a PC where all 'dongles' get data from (software). Its part should be simply sending images in a preselected folder to each dongle. Dongle should send the video signal (image) and other optionals: transition effects removed link  

I'd like to see this made available.
Chromecast/Miracast and the existing solutions have certain limitations (one device only, same network, etc). Or maybe I didn't find the right one. I hope it's not a terrible idea to you!

3 Replies
AlexC
Registered
(@alexc)

Anycast dongle is quite similar to that, but only works with ONE screen, and the screen must be mirrored - not good.

maw@monitorsanywhere.com
(@mawmonitorsanywhere-com)

This is exactly what Monitors AnyWhere are offering, by combining Spacedesk and MAWi.

Check for MAWi Spacewall:

removed link

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @alexc,

Unfortunately, no dongles for spacedesk.
We are software only company and we don't have resources to produce hardware like dongles.

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2020 spacedesk Support Forum