Facebook Like Button

Welcome Visitor! Please Login or Register
Hard Crash During I...

Hard Crash During Install  

nookiemrsmith
Registered
(@nookiemrsmith)

Hello I am trying to install the spacedesk server on my main pc. After I click ok to start installing the progress bar starts to fill and before it gets to the end my pc will lock up completely. I am then forced to power down the machine to reboot.

Hardware
I7 4790K
GTX Titan X(2015)
32gb Mushkin Redline 2400mhz
1tb Samsung 850 Evo

If anyone has any ideas about what might be causing the problem or you want more info let me know.

7 Replies
spacedesk Marcel
(@marcelruedinger)

Which operating system?
Windows 10?
The only known situation like this is happening on Windows 10:
The crash is due to Kaspersky Antivirus which is obviously not able to correctly work with the spacedesk keyboard driver.
Kaspersky keyboard filter driver is crashing the operating system sometimes when attaching to the spacedesk keyboard. 

nookiemrsmith
Registered
(@nookiemrsmith)

Thanks for getting back to me. 

That is interesting as I do not use Kaspersky. I find the built in Windows Defender enough to cover my needs.

I am running Windows 10 Pro 64bit.

Is there any information that I could provide to help find the cause of this?

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Famed Member
Hi @nookiemrsmith,
thank you very much for the feedback.
For further analysis, could you please send us the following (just attach it on your next reply):
- dxdiag info, just run dxdiag.exe on your primary machine, click "save all information" then save the output file (dxdiag.txt)
- the most recent *.dmp file located in C:\Windows\minidump
Looking forward to your feedback.
nookiemrsmith
Registered
(@nookiemrsmith)

Unfortunately the system isn't giving me a Blue Screen Error so it does not do a memory dump.
I have checked both for a minidump folder and a MEMORY.DMP that should be created if there is a blue screen error. The computer locks up completely during the install. I am unable to do anything with the system at that point. I am forced to cut power to get it to restart.

Attached is the dxdiag you requested. 

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Famed Member

Thank you very much for sending your dxdiag info.
May we also request for the following files to analyze what happened during installation.
- spacedeskSetup.log file located in C:\Users\Public
- setupapi.dev.log file located in C:\Windows\INF
Just save both files in one folder and right-click Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach it on your next reply.

Looking forward to your feedback.
nookiemrsmith
Registered
(@nookiemrsmith)

Here you go.

spacedesk Marcel
(@marcelruedinger)

Thanks for all the info. Unfortunately there are no obvious hints what could cause the problem.
We could even see in the logs that there also was a previous successful install of spacedesk.
Since we have no other report about similar issues, it must be an exotic situation.
Please think about what exotic software you have on your PC and which could conflict.
The only potentially exotic software we can see in your install logs is Twomon SE (it only has about 1.000 installs).
Maybe it has incompatibilities which we don't know about yet.
Please completely uninstall Twomon SE and spacedesk (check instruction manual chapter "uninstall"), reboot and try to install spacedesk again.
If that doesn't help and you can't think of any other potentially conflicting software, then we might not be able to help any further for the moment (for further diagnosis, we would have to attach a kernel debugger to the machine). 

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2019 spacedesk Support Forum

Please Login or Register