Game; DX11 and DX12...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Game; DX11 and DX12 crashing with SpaceDesk driver  

aciditty
Registered
(@aciditty)

I only had 1 game do this but ending the exe process did not fix the issue. A new game Death Stranding will crash even with spacedesk drivers installed. The error seems to point to DX12 and DX11 conflicts. Maybe conflict with the DLSS 2.0 and new Nvidia drivers I am not sure. Have not tested on AMD graphics.

I am using:

Nvidia driver 451.67 with a RTX 2080 Super

Intel 8700k

Windows 10 x64 version 2004 build 19041.349

Nvidia Shield Android OS

spacedesk drivers 0.9.xxx

I submitted support to 505 Games as well. It is easily reproducible and uninstall of spacedesk drivers fixes issue. 

4 Replies
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @aciditty,
Can you quickly check if you can run the game by disabling the spacedesk Graphics Adapter in the Device manager?
Just run devmgmt.msc, find Display adapters -> spacedesk Graphics Adapter, right-click Disable it.

For further analysis, could you please run dxdiag.exe on your primary machine, click "Save all information", save the output file (dxdiag.txt) then attach it on your next reply.
PS: Attach option will be visible below the text editor after second post.

Did you already tested with AMD graphics adapter? Does the game also crashing with spacedesk present?

Posted by: @aciditty

The error seems to point to DX12 and DX11 conflicts.

Where did you find this error? Can you send us maybe a screenshot or log file showing this error?

aciditty
Registered
(@aciditty)

Disabling seemed to solve problem but occasionally it still crashed removing driver ceased all crashes. The error log for the game has been over written since a recent update to the game. This update was to address AVX issues with some CPU's I will test one of these days if spacedesk crashes game now. I was unable  to capture a screen cap of  the Error as it closed upon focusing the window. DXDIAG will be attached. I will not be testing on AMD platform I do not wish to transfer files or move parts to my office sorry. 

aciditty
Registered
(@aciditty)

This is the old log file I sent to 505 Games (there was a second window that listed SpaceDesk Driver having issue with dll files and DX12:

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @aciditty,

Thanks for sending this error log file.
Can you also send us your dxdiag file for further analysis.
Maybe you are correct, maybe there's a conflict between our driver and the game + this new Nvidia driver.

We actually did not test with this new Nvidia GPU yet, due to limited resources at the moment.
Meanwhile, aside from the crashing game issue, does the spacedesk works on your side? Can you connect a viewer?

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2020 spacedesk Support Forum