Facebook Like Button

Welcome Visitor! Please Login or Register
Future Support for ...

[Solved] Future Support for connecting more than 3 clients  

TROLLOC
Registered
(@trolloc)

"As of now, spacedesk supports simultaneous connection of up to three additional displays only.
- Up to three Android, or iOS, or Windows VIEWERs"

I want to be able to support 10+ clients at a time. What time frames are we looking at to achieve these goals? Is this a limitation of the current version because a paid version with more support is being built? If so I am interested in the full paid version.

Topic Tags
4 Replies
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Honorable Member
Can you tell us your primary machine's operating system(Windows 7/8.1/10)?
We will send you an instructions on how to support more than 3 clients with our current BETA version.
TROLLOC
Registered
(@trolloc)

I am testing in a dedicated LAN network (wired and wireless) with 5 laptops, all with fresh windows 10 installs running the latest release.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Honorable Member
Please follow the steps below so you can try it with up to 5 displays using spacedesk Driver version 0.9.18.
1. Download the spacedesk_SetDisplayCount.zip attached below then extract the file inside.
2. You will find "spacedesk_SetDisplayCount.txt" inside, rename it to "spacedesk_SetDisplayCount.cmd", then right-click it and run as administrator.
3. Run devmgmt.msc on your primary machine and go to Display adapters -> spacedesk Graphics Adapter, then right-click -> Disable then Enable
After following the steps above, try to connect up to 5 spacedesk viewer and test it.

You can also edit the spacedesk_SetDisplayCount.txt, currently it allows up to 5 client display, you can change it to more than 5.

Please keep in mind that we limit it to 3 display connection due to performance limitation.
Connecting with up to 5 or more spacedesk viewers simultaneously, can affect the performance of each viewers connected (e.g. screen update lag may be observed) and make sure you have a powerful primary machine (latest display graphics adapter) that can handle many displays.
TROLLOC
Registered
(@trolloc)

Thanks @spacedesklea !

I will give this a go and let you know if I run into any non performance related issues.

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2019 spacedesk Support Forum

Please Login or Register