Fullscreening multi...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Fullscreening multiple display windows  

c-dot-gonz
Registered
(@c-dot-gonz)

Hello! I love this application. The only thing I'm having trouble doing is fullscreening two or more Spacedesk Viewer windows at the same time. I can maximize them both no problem, but this can cause certain elements, especially text, to display a little strange where lines can be unreadable. Is there an easy way to fullscreen two or more Viewer windows at the same time? I am currently using Version 0.9.19.

9 Replies
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @c-dot-gonz,

It seems that you are still using an older version of spacedesk windows viewer app, please update to latest version.
This old version is already expired, please check here for more info: https://forum.spacedesk.ph/community/postid/5920/

As for the multiple viewer app, do you have 2 or more monitors attached on your secondary machine?
And you want to run the 2 spacedesk windows viewer app on each monitors?

You might want to try our new spacedesk Windows Viewer (UWP version) app in Microsoft Store, this will fix the aspect ratio of the screen on a maximized window.

And if you still really want the desktop version of windows viewer app, you can check this thread which has the same case as yours https://forum.spacedesk.ph/community/postid/4739/.

c-dot-gonz
Registered
(@c-dot-gonz)

Thank you so much for the suggestion of the Windows Viewer app version! Since I posted this thread, I noticed that had been working on an earlier version of spacedesk but I did upgrade and was able to have multiple windows fullscreen. However, I frequently encountered an issue where even if I hit ALT+SHIFT to end remote control on the machine running spacedesk Viewer, my keyboard would still be registering keys on the machine running spacedesk server. I could reproduce this behavior reliably if I had locked the remote machine, but it happens in regular usage as well.

But so far, I haven't experienced this issue with the app version, and everything looks great both windowed and fullscreened (not having to reselect Fullscreen when re-enabling remote control is a huge plus as well)! Thank you so much for the support!

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member
Posted by: @c-dot-gonz

However, I frequently encountered an issue where even if I hit ALT+SHIFT to end remote control on the machine running spacedesk Viewer, my keyboard would still be registering keys on the machine running spacedesk server.

Hi @c-dot-gonz,
Which windows viewer app are your using? Is it the UWP viewer app from the Microsoft Store?

c-dot-gonz
Registered
(@c-dot-gonz)

Lea:

I encountered that particular issue with the regular viewer app, not the UWP one. After switching to the UWP app, I no longer experience this issue. I have encountered a small issue with the UWP app where the displays disconnect very quickly (within 1-3 minutes) if you end remote control while the UWP viewer is fullscreened, but not using the fullscreen option resolved this issue for me.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @c-dot-gonz,
Is it only happening on UWP viewer/s?
Does it happen when there are 3 UWP viewers connected? Or also with only one viewer connected?
What is your network connection type between your server and client machine? wired/wireless?

c-dot-gonz
Registered
(@c-dot-gonz)

Lea:

Only on UWP viewers

I've experienced it with 3 UWP viewers connected but I can do some testing over the week and get back to you.

Wired. Both machines are plugged into the same network switch.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @c-dot-gonz,
thanks for the info. Looking forward to your feedback.

c-dot-gonz
Registered
(@c-dot-gonz)

Lea:

After doing some testing, if I have either two or three UWP viewer windows fullscreened, then I press ALT+SHIFT to end their remote control, within 3-5 minutes they will disconnect, even though the viewer windows stay maximized the whole time. With one UWP viewer window fullscreened, I can have remote control ended and it won't disconnect for at least 25 minutes.

I'm also not able to get the "Reset View" button to be clickable, no matter how much I rotate the desktop in the UWP viewer window using the mousewheel or zoom into it. But maybe that button does something different than what I think it does (which is reset the view to the default zoom level and will undo any rotation applied to it).

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @c-dot-gonz,
Thanks for the info.
We will try to reproduce it here and investigate.
As for the "Reset view" button, it is currently disabled (not yet available to use).
And yes, it will reset the view's angle and zoom level to default.

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2020 spacedesk Support Forum