Facebook Like Button

Welcome Visitor! Please Login or Register
frequent interrupti...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] frequent interruptions since spacedesk server version 0.9.89 and 0.9.90  

el_viejo
Registered
(@el_viejo)

hello spacedesk support team,

my current setup is 4 displays in total (one internal notebook display, one external display via mini-dp, another external display via hdmi). the fourth display is connected via spacedesk.

since i have installed spacedesk server 0.9.89 or 0.9.90 i am suffering random interruptions between spacedesk server and client. my connection is via gigabit-lan both computers connected to the same switch. in earlier versions until 0.9.88 there was no problem. it seems spacedesk is loosing connection for just a second or less. client shows "connection off" message and windows starts rearrangeing all open windows according the new configuration of 3 displays. then after a moment spacedesk recovers connection and windows starts again rearranging all open windows.

best regards
peter

6 Replies
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @el_viejo,
During this "random interruptions", is there also screen flickering on all 4 displays?
Can you easily reproduce it? How long before this issue happens?
Does spacedesk still connected after this? or already disconnected?

el_viejo
Registered
(@el_viejo)

hi lea,

yes, when the random interruption happens all 4 displays start flickering for a second or so. unfortunately i still have not found a pattern how to reproduce this issue but i noticed right before it happens i have a lagging mouse pointer. i noticed this issue until installaton of spacedesk server 0.9.89 or later (currently trying out 0.9.92). but i have also changed my notebook where spacedesk server is running and on the new notebook i started with 0.9.89. so there is a chance this issue has something to do with the change of my hardware. on my former notebook i had connected a usb 3 docking station using displaylink technology in order to provide a sufficient amount of display connectors. as my new notebook has sufficient internal display connectors i just use the displaylink docking for its additional usb ports but there is no more display connected. my doubt is the displaylink drivers might have something to do with the problem. by the end of the week i am going to replace the displaylink docking by a dumb usb 3 hub and i will uninstall all displaylink drivers in order to eleminate it as the cause of the problem. back to spacedesk, yes, most of the time it reconnects automatically after the short drops of connetion but 1 out of 10 times it doesn't and i have to do it manually.

best regards
peter

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @el_viejo,
Thanks for the detailed info.
We will also try to reproduce it on our side so we can analyze it.
We will get back to you as soon as we have news or further questions for you.
You sent us the dxdiag info of your primary machine before, is it still the same?

el_viejo
Registered
(@el_viejo)

hello lea,

thank you for investigation the issue. i have changed my primary machine, so it is a different one now. if you like me to send you the dxdiag of the new primary machine please let me know.

best regards
peter

el_viejo
Registered
(@el_viejo)

hello lea,

i just wanted to let you know i did a complete reinstall of windows and spacedesk on my new primary machine because of general startup problems with my windows installation. after reinstalling everything and no longer using the usb 3 docking station with displaylink chips the frequent reconnection issues are gone. no more problems on that so please close this thread.

best regards
peter

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @el_viejo
thanks for the info

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2020 spacedesk Support Forum