Share:
Notifications
Clear all

FPS Performance  

syman
Registered
(@syman)

Hello,
I have a Windows PC on which I run a game which I then project onto another PC via spacedesk all via the theoretical 5ghz 450mbps wifi network.

The performances are really good as I get 30 to 40 fps occupying 50 / 90mbps bandwidth.

I'd like to know:

- how come I only reach 90-100mbps of total bandwidth when the network should be much faster?
- why, despite using only 50% bandwidth, do fps reach peaks of only 40fps? Can it be a CPU or GPU limit? Which component can I replace to increase frames per second?

Thanks so much

Topic Tags
1 Reply
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @syman,

Posted by: @syman

- how come I only reach 90-100mbps of total bandwidth when the network should be much faster?

spacedesk's network usage depends on how big the screen update packets sent by the spacedesk server to spacedesk client.
Try to switch the spacedesk client screen to bigger screen resolution then play a full screen video/game and you will observe a higher network usage.

Posted by: @syman

- why, despite using only 50% bandwidth, do fps reach peaks of only 40fps? Can it be a CPU or GPU limit? Which component can I replace to increase frames per second?

Currently spacedesk supports up to 60fps framerate, which I assume you already set in the spacedesk viewer settings.
spacedesk is using CPU image compression. 60fps 1080p is the maximum reasonable rate that CPU Image compression can do on contemporary machines
If you can only get up to 40fps framerate, possible reasons are the following:
- yes, probably CPU or GPU limitation (maybe try to update your graphics adapter driver)
- maybe there's a framerate settings on the game which you can set
- maybe the router is buffering (no matter how fast the network is). You should probably try WiFi Direct or crossover Ethernet cable connection to verify. Then let us know if you can get higher than 40fps.

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2020 spacedesk Support Forum