Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Flight sim main monitor frame rate loss  

downstairsflier
Registered
(@downstairsflier)

Hi,

I use SD for my flight sim. I have 2 kindle that I push 2 displays to. When I push one display,  My main monitor frame rates drop by around 10 fps, another 10 on the 2nd, which makes the sim unplayable. 

Any suggestions on how to improve fps on my main monitor? I have checked to make sure I am running the most current version of SD and even tried lower resolution on the kindle, but no change.

Thanks!

Topic Tags
11 Replies
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @downstairsflier,

On your Android viewer settings (on your 2 Kindle device), can you please check in the Quality/Performance -> Custom FPS Rate, if it is set to 60Fps?
If not, please try with 60fps and check if the frame rate on your main monitor will improve.
Looking forward to your feedback.

downstairsflier
Registered
(@downstairsflier)

I checked, at 60 fps.

Here is what I did for better results:

Replace the 2 kindles with a larger Samsung tab, the screen is large enough for both guages. This got me back to 20+ fps.

If you can think of any solutions I would greatly appreciate them as I love having 2 extra displays vs 1.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @downstairsflier,

Can you maybe try with Videowall mode enabled?
Just open the spacedesk server window (by click the spacedesk tray icon) then click the menu "..." button and select "Video Wall Engine" to open the GUI and switch the videowall ON.
Once enabled, try to connect your 2 displays and check for your main monitor's fps.

FYI: With Videowall mode enabled, absolute touch input will not work. 
This is just to check if it's also happening with videowall enabled.

downstairsflier
Registered
(@downstairsflier)

So, if I turn video wall on, i can move one pop out to the first screen, but the 2nd screen shows my desktop but I am unable to move my mouse over it or move a popout to it, so I can't really test it.

Thanks

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member
Posted by: @downstairsflier

but the 2nd screen shows my desktop

It's probably mirrored, you can switch it to extend via display settings window.

downstairsflier
Registered
(@downstairsflier)

Ok, turned on the video wall option, added the 2nd display (which is smaller than 1st), still a fps drop by 10.

Thanks

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @downstairsflier,

thanks for checking.
For further analysis, could you please run dxdiag.exe on your primary machine, click "Save All Information", then attach the output file (dxdiag.txt) on your next reply.

downstairsflier
Registered
(@downstairsflier)

Please see attached, thank you very much for your help!

downstairsflier
Registered
(@downstairsflier)

Just want to make sure you can see the file

Thanks

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @downstairsflier,

We are currently checking your dxdiag info.

Your main monitor has 3840 x 1080 and supports up to 144Hz refresh rate (but currently set to 60Hz), while the spacedesk viewer displays only supports up to 60Hz.
It's possible that the mismatch on displays refresh rates/frequency causes the fps drop on main monitor.
Can you also try to check on your flight sim settings if there's any framerate or display frequency related setting you can adjust?

By the way, does the main monitor's fps slowing down even if there's no screen update on the spacedesk viewer screen?

downstairsflier
Registered
(@downstairsflier)

I have found i get the best frame rates with refresh rate set at 60, this is common for flightsim.  Also set to limit at 60 with vsync in the program and then set at half refresh in the nvidia control panel.. The frame rates aren't lost until I take a guage and push it over to the android, no framerates/ or at least very few are lost with spacedesk just active duplicating the desktop. Then even more when the 2nd space desk Android is active.

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2020 spacedesk Support Forum