Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Error Code 2-5, Error Info 0-5 due of "missing driver"  

catala
Registered
(@catala)

Hello,

I am not able to connect my Android device to my PC due to the mentionned Error codes above.

I have no splashtop installed and tried all the possibilities described in the users manual and followed the hints in this forum.

In my device manager there is the spacedesk below my Gefoce device added by a /!\ . If you doubleclick you can see the failure message that the program is not running properly due to invalid driver information.

I really would appreciate if you could help me solving this topic.

Thanks in advance.

Michael
11 Replies
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @catala,

Is splashtop already installed when you tried with spacedesk?
If yes, you should remove/uninstall splashtop first then reboot your primary machine before you connect spacedesk viewer.
Please also check Incompatible Display Hook Driver Detected chapter in our user manual https://spacedesk.net/user-manual/.

If problem still persist, could you please send us the following:
- run dxdiag.exe on your primary machine, click "Save All Information", then attach the output file (dxdiag.txt)
- screen shot of this failure message in device manager
PS: Attach option should be visible on your side after your second post.

catala
Registered
(@catala)

Hi Lea,

thank you for your fast reply, Splashtop has never been installed to my PC. Additionally there no driver to find according the user manual.

Kind regards

Catala

catala
Registered
(@catala)

Attached the DxDiag.txt

catala
Registered
(@catala)

Attached a screenshot

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @catala,
Thanks for sending the requested file.
Can you try to run the services.msc, find spacedeskService and restart it.
Then please try again and check if you still get the same issue.

catala
Registered
(@catala)

Hi Lea,

I restartet from services.msc. The graphic-adapter disappeared in the device-manager. When I try to re-connect with the android tablet the same failure occurs and the same picture is given as shown in my screenshot. The spacedesk-driver seems not to be installed properly.

Thanks in advance for further support.

Kind regards

Catala

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @catala,
Thanks for the feedback.

With our latest driver, spacedesk Graphics Adapter will only be visible on device manager after a successful client connection and will disappear when you reboot your primary machine or restart the spacedeskService.

Can you also try the spacedesk Driver installer msi then select "Repair".
After spacedesk repair, please try again cnad check if you still get the same issue.
Looking forward to your feedback.

catala
Registered
(@catala)

Hi Lea,

thanks for the hint but I get the same issue after trying to reconnect my secondary device. First the message on the tablet is "monitor off"  about 15sec, then the error message "disconnected" with the error codes appears. If I try to connect again the connection tryout is finished within 0,1sec.

Regards

Catala

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @catala,

Thanks for the feedback.
Do you maybe have Nvidia Shadow Play / screen recording enabled?
If yes, please disable it then try again to restart the spacedeskService on services.msc and connect the viewer app.

catala
Registered
(@catala)

Hi Lea,

I do not have this program installed. For me the strange point is that in my device manager the spacedesk device is marked with a /!\ due to a "driver problem". It's frustrating as I tried out all hints and ideas written in different posts concerning the connection problems.

Perhaps/hopefully you have further ideas hoe to get it conncected.

Best regards

Catala

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @catala,
Thanks for the feedback.
Are you sure you don't have Nvidia GeForce Experience with instant replay or recording enabled?

Do you have any 3D game running?

Could you also please send us 2-3 most recent WudfHost_ext__xxxx.dmp files located in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\WDF
Note: ProgramData folder is hidden by default, in case you cannot find it you should enable first the "Show hidden files, folders and drives".
Just open a File Explorer -> View -> Options, on Folder Options window click View tab then click the "Show hidden files, folders and drives" to enable it then apply the changes.
Please save all requested files in one folder, then right-click -> Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach the *.zip file on your next reply.

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2020 spacedesk Support Forum