Facebook Like Button

Welcome Visitor! Please Login or Register

[Solved] Error Code 1-2-0  

Page 1 / 3

BigAL
Registered
(@bigal)

Hi Spacedesk and All,

I have been trying to use my laptop as a second monitor and haven't had any luck. I have read the manual for troubleshooting the error on Windows 7 with no luck. Here is all the error info below.

Error Code : 1-2-0

Error Info : 0-3-4

Connected Time : 00 00 01

Thanks Spacedesk and everyone,

BigAL

Topic Tags
29 Replies
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Prominent Member

Hi @BigAL

This error indicates that the primary machine can be reached over the network but connection fails after the indicated connection time.
Possible reasons are the following:
1. Unstable network connection
- Is your network reliable/stable? Is your network wired or wireless?
In case you are using wireless network, can you please try Hosted Network connection on your Windows 7 primary machine https://spacedesk.net/user-manual#hosted-network
2. Error on spacedesk Primary Machine
- Is the server showing an error message bubble?
- Is the spacedesk server status on the primary machine set to spacedesk ERROR?
- Did you notice if the screen flickers for few times on your primary screen right before it disconnects?
For further analysis, could you please send us the answer to the above questions and run dxdiag.exe on your primary machine, click "Save all information" and send us the output file.
BigAL
Registered
(@bigal)

Hey Lea,

1. Unstable network connection
- Is your network reliable/stable? Is your network wired or wireless?
In case you are using wireless network, can you please try Hosted Network connection on your Windows 7 primary machine https://spacedesk.net/user-manual#hosted-network

I would think my network is reliable/and stable, its fast and I rarely lose or have a slow connection.
When I tried to get it working yesterday I used WiFi, the secondary Machine found my primary machine when I had inputted the IP displayed on spacedesk server on the primary machine. Today I tried to connect over LAN with a cable to avoid setting up a, "Hosted Network," I still had no luck getting it to work.

2. Error on spacedesk Primary Machine
- Is the server showing an error message bubble?
- Is the spacedesk server status on the primary machine set to spacedesk ERROR?
- Did you notice if the screen flickers for few times on your primary screen right before it disconnects?
For further analysis, could you please send us the answer to the above questions and run dxdiag.exe on your primary machine, click "Save all information" and send us the output file.

On my primary machine under Status it does say and gets set to,  "Spacedesk ERROR," after I try to connect via the secondary machine. Before trying to connect the Status states, "On," when I open the spacedesk driver server. There is the yellow triangle with the explanation point as well.
I don't think I noticed the screen flicker on my Primary machine, I did on the secondary machine.
I also tried to trouble shoot this error via the manual but had no luck.
I did run the dxdiag.exe on my Primary machine and do have the output file, I also took some screenshots. Is there an email address I can send these files to?

PS, It's kind of coincidental, I actually just got back from the Philippines about a month and a half ago, I was surprised to see this software is developed there, very cool. If you're looking for new employees my girlfriends sister may be a good recruit! 

Thanks, BigAL

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Prominent Member
Thank you for the feedback.
You may attach these files here there's an "Attach file" below.
Are you sure you didn't notice any error bubble message on server side upon connect?
Is your spacedesk Driver updated?
BigAL
Registered
(@bigal)

Here is the Diagnosis Info.

BigAL
Registered
(@bigal)

Hey, Lea

I forgot to include, now I have just been connecting over LAN and not WiFi.

BigAL
Registered
(@bigal)

Hey Lea

I didn't notice any error bubble on the server side pop up. I'll send you a screenshot and also try connecting again.

The spacedesk Driver should be up to date since I only installed it yesterday.

Thanks, BigAL

Page 1 / 3

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2019 spacedesk Support Forum

Working

Please Login or Register