Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Display Connected but black Screen and Display off  

Xude
 Xude
Registered
(@xude)

Every time I press on the ip to connect my 2nd device to blackscreen and there is display off.

7 Replies
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member
Hi @xude,
Have you done any user account switching or remote desktop connection before using spacedesk?
Could you please run services.msc on your primary machine, find spacedeskService then right-click restart it.
Then try to connect again with spacedesk viewer.
If problem still persist, please send us the following for further analysis:
- run dxdiag.exe on primary machine, click "Save All Information" then save the output file (dxdiag.txt)
- all *.etl files on C:\Users\Public\spacedesk_logs folder
Please save all the requested file in one folder, right-click then Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach the zip file on your next reply.
Looking forward to your feedback.
kdspeaks
Registered
(@kdspeaks)

I am having the same issue.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member
If it shows "Dispay OFF" on your side, please check the display settings window on your primary machine if you can find a detached display. If it's there, please just attach it by selecting Extend or Duplicate (there's a multiple displays dropdown menu box below).

Stoubar
Registered
(@stoubar)

Hi,

I having some problem like this, but i cant find the other monitor, my pc just don't find the second monitor, but my smartphone have black screen with "Connected - Display Off". How can i solve this?

Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (Android 8.0)

PC: Dell G3 3590 (i5 9300H + GTX 1650) with windows 10 with update 2004

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @stoubar,

To further analyze the problem could you please download the 2020_spacedeskDiagnosticTool.zip file here then extract it.

Inside you will find spacedeskDiagnosticTool.cmd, just right-click it then run as administrator.
This script will start a debug view app to capture spacedesk debug traces.
On step 5 it will prompt you to reproduce the issue(just connect the viewer app with black screen/display off status), make sure to do this before pressing any key to continue.
After the script is done, a folder will be created on the same folder as the script file which contains various log files that we need for analysis.
Please right-click it -> Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach the *.zip file on your next reply.
Looking forward to your feedback.

Stoubar
Registered
(@stoubar)

Hello, i tried with debug, but when running the debug software the spacedesk Server justo close and dont open again. Another question, how can i attach the file?

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @stoubar,
The script includes restarting the spacedeskService that's why the spacedesk SERVER window will suddenly close, but you should be able to open it again upon Step 5, when the script prompt you to reproduce the issue.
Attach option should be visible below the text editor after your second post.

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2020 spacedesk Support Forum