Cursor takes 2 to 5...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Cursor takes 2 to 5 seconds to show up on Ipad screen after i have moved it  

MrIndianDude
Registered
(@mrindiandude)

For some reason, when i move my cursor to my iPad when its on a still image like my background or a webpage that doesn't have any moving images or anything, the cursor takes a while after I have moved it to the screen to show up and actually do something. This isn't a problem with my third display which is my laptop which is also using spacedesk. Also, if I don't use that display every 15-20 minutes, the screen freezes up and it says that the display has disconnected, but my iPad screen is stuck on what it was displaying before so I have to manually disconnect. But, what's funny is that when I am using the display to show my zoom meeting for school, the display work fine without any lag and doesn't disconnect. It seems like if the display isn't being tasked very much, iOS starts giving it less priority, giving it a delay and later doesn't give it enough priority so the display automatically disconnects. Is there any fix for this? 

Topic Tags
4 Replies
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @mrindiandude,

Is your laptop connected on wired or wireless network?
Another factor that affects the performance is the screen resolution size of the viewer.
Does the display resolution of your iPad is bigger than the display resolution on your laptop?

Posted by: @mrindiandude

Also, if I don't use that display every 15-20 minutes, the screen freezes up and it says that the display has disconnected, but my iPad screen is stuck on what it was displaying before so I have to manually disconnect. But, what's funny is that when I am using the display to show my zoom meeting for school, the display work fine without any lag and doesn't disconnect. It seems like if the display isn't being tasked very much, iOS starts giving it less priority, giving it a delay and later doesn't give it enough priority so the display automatically disconnects. Is there any fix for this? 

Maybe this is on your iPad's battery settings? Is your battery saving mode/low power mode enabled?
Can you try to disable it and check if the same behavior still persist?

MrIndianDude
Registered
(@mrindiandude)

My laptop is using wireless and my ipad isn't on battery saver, most of the time i have it charging. My laptops resolution is 768x1366 (its flipped over) and my ipad display scaling was very small so i changed the display resolution to 1280x960 when the native resolution is 2048x1536

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @mrindiandude,
Thanks for the feedback.
So even if the spacedesk display on your iPad is set to smaller resolution, the performance is still slow?
Can you also check if the performance is still the same with only the iPad connected?
Another thing you can try is to adjust the image settings on your iOS Viewer app, maybe try with lower image quality and check if that helps.
Or also try connecting the iOS viewer over WiFi Direct connection, if your iPad supports USB tethering you can also try it.
For more info, please check Performance tuning chapter in our user manual https://spacedesk.net/user-manual.

Tiana
Registered
(@tiana)

As for your iPad problem, you can force restart the device and then see whether the issue still exists. Or you can update your iPadOS system to remove some software bugs. If you are still looking for ways to resolve it, you can use related iOS system recovery software, for example, <a href=" removed link " target="true">TunesKit iPad System Repair to get out of the trouble.

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2020 spacedesk Support Forum