Facebook Like Button

Welcome Visitor! Please Login or Register
Connection Problem:...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Connection Problem: Is it the Android Version problem: Android version 8.1.0, with Windows 10  

Kevint857
Registered
(@kevint857)

I went, to Spacedesk after the App Store, on windows 10.  Then, installed everything, including access, to Firewall.  However, my RCA Voyager, which uses Android version 8.1.0,  cannot install, (or can I?), install more than the google play store app.  This app was install and it asked for the IP address, which I found, on my windows Spacedesk Viewer app.  I typed it in and pressed add, but after an hour, of waiting, for the connection, it did not work.  

I'm guessing it is the android version!  If not what do you suggest as a resolution?  Thank you

10 Replies
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @kevint857,
Did you install the spacedesk Windows Viewer app (from Microsoft Store) on your Windows 10? And then installed spacedesk Android Viewer app on your android tablet (from Google Play store)?

Kevint857
Registered
(@kevint857)

Yes, on my Chuwi Larkbox I have the windows 10 store installed, but I had to use chrome and space desk to download a 64 bit version and install with access through firewall. After, it gave me information about its activity and ip address for the Android device, RCA Voyager Tablet. The RCA device has the store version, only. 

Kevint857
Registered
(@kevint857)

Actually, on the window s 10 I installed the server version, from spacedesk.com. Also, I tried my Lenovo e5 with the viewer app and it didn't work, either.  I sent some pics of the server app on windows 10, which is the main monitor. It will move the screen off but, not to the viewer app.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @kevint857,
So you installed spacedesk driver/server on your Windows 10 primary machine and install/run spacedesk Viewer app on your secondary machine but viewer still cannot discover your primary machine's IP address, is that correct?

Are both machines connected on the same local area network?
Can you try to ping the IP address of your secondary machine from your primary machine? and check if they are reachable to each other.

For assistance, please also check Troubleshooting - Network Connection chapter in our user manual
https://spacedesk.net/user-manual/.

Kevint857
Registered
(@kevint857)

Yes, I tried bluetooth exchange by sending a video to my Chuwi Larkbox and Lenovo e5.  And, the secondary unit can not discover the primary unit. I will look at the manual, again. Thanks.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @kevint857,

Bluetooth connection is not supported by spacedesk.
Did you try the ping test on both sides?
Do you have 3rd party firewall software/or antivirus with own firewall settings installed?
Do you have VPN enabled?

Kevint857
Registered
(@kevint857)

Bluetooth working, and I did the ping test, it works. Also, I turned on the Videowall engine wall. My RCA Voyager has a VPN, Orbit. But, the Lenovo e5 doesn't.  I don't use third party antivirus ware, as well.   I don't think it will work.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @kevint857,
Bluetooth working with spacedesk??
Which one is your primary machine with spacedesk Driver installed? Is it connected on wired or wireless network?
Which are your secondary machines? And on which network are they connected (wired/wireless)?

Kevint857
Registered
(@kevint857)

Yes, I am using a Chuwi Larkbox, with Spacedesk driver installed. My secondary devices are a Lenovo e5 play cell phone, and I have tried a RCA Voyager Tablet. They are on a WiFi network. Centurylink.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Can you check if all machines are connected on the same wifi with the same frequency/network band (e.g. 2.4 or 5.0 Ghz). And also check the current network profile if it's Public or Private.

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2020 spacedesk Support Forum