Facebook Like Button

Welcome Visitor! Please Login or Register
Connection issues w...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Connection issues with server 0.9.95 ( 2 different problems )  

BrainTheBoss
Registered
(@braintheboss)
Eminent Member

I posted 3 videos with a weird behaviour. I'm using server 0.9.95 and client 0.9.29.

All computers use last Windows 10 build and drivers.

Case 2 not happens when I connect Desktop to Surface Pro or Laptop. Only when I connect Teclast X98 tablet ( Atom cpu ). Teclast use Gigabit ethernet connection.

Case 3 happens in all computers

1) Desktop using Wifi: Works well

https://youtu.be/bPLkXW-ZGEM

2) Desktop using Ethernet 1Gbps: Works well if I have opened Teamviewer connection in Teclast ( it should go worst because use more CPU ). Works choppy and low fps if I'm not running Teamviewer )

https://youtu.be/38e8EP8CNdw

3) Desktop wifi connection not detected in Teclast client if I have ethernet enabled

https://youtu.be/py-w-s0t6A8

6 Replies
BrainTheBoss
Registered
(@braintheboss)
Eminent Member

I want do a rectification. Case 2 is random in other setups. For example today is not working well Surface Pro ( Server ) and Teclast ( Client ). I cant replicate why somedays works well and others not works.

I'm using this software long time I'm quite satisfied but since look some features will be under paid license in a future I'm not sure if its safe pay knowing still is buggy. For me is very frustrating to see how overall performance in some setups are degrading over new builds

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @braintheboss,

2. We will try it reproduce it so we can analyze it.
In the meantime, can you try the latest version (0.9.30) of the viewer?
Or maybe try the Windows Store version of the viewer app (it's more updated/improved than the desktop version).

3. This is probably a network adapter priority of Windows.
The Windows only selects the better one out of two networks currently active on your machine.
Could you please try this workaround following:
- run ncpa.cpl
- In there you will see the Ethernet adapter, right-click -> Properties, click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) -> Properties -> Advanced
- Uncheck the "Automatic metric" and set the value to any value(e.g. 3), then click OK to finish it.
Then do the same thing with your WiFi network adapter and make sure it has higher metric value (e.g. 7).
- Reboot your primary machine then try again.
Then let us know if it helps.

BrainTheBoss
Registered
(@braintheboss)
Eminent Member

I did everything.

About to use Store client I didnt see any difference. It have same problems as 0.9.29

The detection problem really your recommendation works but is not a real solution. In older builds I was able to see both cards ( i never changed windows settings since I use Spacedesk ). But now I only can see one out of box. Disabling visible card allows me to see both. And even one is red ( like not available ) I can use both.

BrainTheBoss
Registered
(@braintheboss)
Eminent Member

I upload capture showing both cards

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member
Posted by: @braintheboss

The detection problem really your recommendation works but is not a real solution.

Yes, this is just a workaround in order to detect the secondary network on your primary machine. It's a Windows' network adapter priority thing, and we cannot do anything about it.
Disabling the primary network (Ethernet) temporarily will work too, in order to detect the secondary network (WiFi) and just re-enable it after the viewer detects the other network's IP.

As for the case #2, will get back to you as soon as we have reproduced and analyzed the issue.

BrainTheBoss
Registered
(@braintheboss)
Eminent Member

Ok. About different performance in setups as I have a few computers I will do a video for you see how weird and inconsistent is performance. Any computer is overloaded for spacedesk when is running but as you saw in previous video, same machine can have huge difference depending card used or what client is connected.

As sever, i saw intel graphics get many problems for run smooth. My rx570 shows more consistently between clients. Mouse smooth over video is another big difference. Intel is choppy. Rx570 not suffer any penalty when you move mouse. Really is almost native smooth.

You will see these differences in next videos. I tried run 2 clients in both servers and amd is good but intel die...

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2020 spacedesk Support Forum