Facebook Like Button

Welcome Visitor! Please Login or Register
Connected - Display...

Connected - Display OFF  

chucktesta
Registered
(@chucktesta)

Hi,

my viewer shows connected - Display OFF, more details in reply comment because of character limit.

Topic Tags
24 Replies
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Noble Member

Hi @chucktesta,
Please check if display is detached.
Just right-click somewhere on your desktop then select "Display settings".
On display settings window, click the detached second display, then scroll down for the multiple displays drop-down menu then try to attach by selecting either "Extend these displays" or "Duplicate these displays".

chucktesta
Registered
(@chucktesta)

Sorry, in trying to submit this i got auto-banned and had to email. i guess it tried to submit twice. i was hoping to immediately add the following as a reply:

It seems many other people have asked a similar question but i couldn't find resolution anywhere. i have downloaded the server on my desktop (Beta Version 0.9.19) and the viewer on both a windows tablet and android device are able to connect, showing up in the server window but say detached. when i go to display settings on the desktop they do not show up as monitors. I also tried HTML and have a consistent result.

Primary machine's operating systems: Windows 7
Secondary machine's operating systems: Windows 10
Primary machines's Graphics adapter NVIDIA Quadro M4000
Network connection type: Desktop wired, tablet wifi

dxdiag attached, along with screen shots of server window, display settings, and viewer window. I also just updated NVIDIA drivers and reset display settings from server application.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Noble Member

Hi @chucktesta,
Thank you for sending the requested file.
Do you have 3 physical monitors (with 2560 x 1440 resolution) attached on your primary machine?
Can you try with only one monitor only then try to connect a spacedesk client.
Looking forward to your feedback.

chucktesta
Registered
(@chucktesta)

Hi,

yes i had turned the monitors off while trying to get it to work so they were connnected but off for that screenshot. i just tried physically unplugging them and have the same result of connected but detached while not showing up in the display settings.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Noble Member

Hi @chucktesta,

Could you please try the "Clear All Display Settings" option in our spacedesk SERVER window, menu button.

chucktesta
Registered
(@chucktesta)

i tried that with only 1 monitor physically connected with no change.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Noble Member
Could you please download the spacedesk_LateActivationDisable.zip here then right-click Extract files. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ki4p8uy4bgjefcc/spacedesk_LateActivationDisable.zip?dl=0
Inside you will find spacedesk_LateActivationDisable.cmd file, just right-click and run as administrator then reboot your primary machine.
After reboot, please check it fixes the problem.
chucktesta
Registered
(@chucktesta)

Downloaded and ran, problem still persists.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Noble Member

Hi @chucktesta,
Thank you for the feedback.
Can you also do a quick check on your Nvidia Control Panel if it has SLI mode enabled.
According to Nvidia website, Nvidia Quadro M4000 supports SLI.
Currently spacedesk does not support Nvidia SLI technology.
If this is the case, can you possibly try to disable it (and maybe restart your pc), then try again our spacedesk.

chucktesta
Registered
(@chucktesta)

Hi,

That option did not show up under the nvidia control panel, and from reading it seems SLI is only used with 2 or more graphics cards. maybe i'm misunderstanding, but i only have 1 M4000 in the computer.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Noble Member
Posted by: @chucktesta

Downloaded and ran, problem still persists.

By the way, did you reboot after running the cmd file?

chucktesta
Registered
(@chucktesta)

Yes I did. For further information I tried downloading the server application on the tablet and tried to connect my phone to it using Android app and got the error 1-0 and error info 0-4 which when searching the forum seemed to be a firewall thing. Could that be causing the issue here too? The forum post I referenced was this one

https://forum.spacedesk.ph/community/discussion-board/error-code-1-0-error-info-0-4/

And I do not have a vpn client running on either machine.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Noble Member
Hi @chucktesta,

Thanks for the feedback.
The error code 1-0 indicates that your android viewer cannot find the Windows server on the network.
Do you have any antivirus with own firewall settings on your primary machine?

Did you also get error code 1-0 on your windows viewer (on Windows 10 secondary machine) before?
If you were able to discover the server on your windows viewer then it's a different thing.
We think the problem is on your Windows 7 primary machine possibly an error on our hook driver.

If it's not too much ask, can we ask you for our spacedesk Driver traces for further analysis?
Please follow the instructions below on how to get spacedesk error traces:

1. Download 2019_spacedesk_hook_debugging_2.zip on the link below:
   https://www.dropbox.com/s/9i5txkuhah1ct6n/2019_spacedesk_hook_debugging_2.zip?dl=0
2. Extract files from 2019_spacedesk_hook_debugging_2.zip, and in there you will find:
   - spacedesk_DebugON.cmd - to enable error trace of spacedesk
   - spacedesk_DebugOFF.cmd - to disable error trace of spacedesk
   Please right-click the spacedesk_DebugON.cmd and run as administrator on your primary machine then restart.
3. After restart, download a DebugView application which is available on the link below:
     http://live.sysinternals.com/Dbgview.exe
4. Run the Dbgview.exe as administrator on your primary machine.
5. On DebugView Capture tab, make sure to check:
    - Capture Win32
    - Capture Global Win32
    - Capture Kernel
    - Capture Events
6. While DebugView is open, try to connect the spacedesk client to reproduce the problem.
Then you should find spacedesk traces on DebugView (e.g "HK: xxx, HL: xxx, SE: xxx SN: xxx"),
please save the logs (you might need to uncheck the "Capture Events" to stop the traces) and send it to us for further analysis.
7. After getting the logs, please disable again the spacedesk trace by running the spacedesk_DebugOFF.cmd, then restart.

chucktesta
Registered
(@chucktesta)

hi,

i did not get the code from the tablet to my desktop, just from my phone to my tablet.

Log file attached. the tablet was still displaying connected-Display off and the tablet did not show up under screen resolution settings on the primary display.

thanks!

chucktesta
Registered
(@chucktesta)

file type not aloud, changed extension to .txt to attach.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Noble Member
Thank you very much for sending us the log file.
We are currently analyzing it.
Could you please try the following:
1. Enable again the hook driver late activation, just edit the spacedesk_LateActivationDisable.cmd  change the 0 to 1 on this line:    ... REG_DWORD /d 0 /f      =>     ... REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
save it then run again as administrator and reboot your primary machine.

2. Switch to aero theme (theme with transparent effect).
Just right-click -> Personalization, with our spacedesk hook driver running, it might not switch to aero easily, you have to switch to Windows Classic theme first then switch to any aero themes.

3. Let the debugview running then try to connect again your spacedesk client.
If you still get the same problem, please send us the new debug log file.

chucktesta
Registered
(@chucktesta)

Hi,

after re-enabling late activation and enabling an aero default theme the problem persisted but this time upon launching the viewer the screen flashed on the primary machine as though it was attempting to attach a monitor. it still did not work and nothing showed up in the screen resolution box and view still said connected -Display OFF, and the Network connections (remote) tab of the driver on primary machine says detached under desktop. log attached.

chucktesta
Registered
(@chucktesta)

Hi,

were you able to find anything in the log or is there anything else i can help send information of?

thanks

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Noble Member
Apologies for the delayed feedback.
Thanks for sending the new logs.
We have analyzed it and it seems that there's no VidPN trace of our spacedesk target ID which is probably why there's no attached spacedesk display on the display settings.
If it's not too much to ask we need to enable a few more debug levels in our hook driver traces (HK:xxxxx).
On spacedesk_DebugON.cmd file, just edit the value of the first line from 193 to 164033:
REG ADD "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\spacedeskHookKmode" /v "DebugLevel" /t REG_DWORD /d 164033 /f
Save the changes then run spacedesk_DebugON.cmd again as administrator, then restart your primary machine.
Then try to connect with spacedesk while debugview is running.
chucktesta
Registered
(@chucktesta)

Hi,

its definitely not to much. i really like the idea of this app, and i haven't found anything else that will work for what i need it to. log file attached.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Noble Member
thanks for sending the new logs, we are currently analyzing it.
Could you please try our most recent spacedesk Driver version 0.9.20 from our website.
chucktesta
Registered
(@chucktesta)

Hi,

downloaded the latest server version and re-ran the previous test. Log file from that attached.

chucktesta
Registered
(@chucktesta)

hi,

i am trying to get this working at my work environment, and went home and tried it between my windows 10 tablet and phone and while on a different wifi network i was able to get it working. could there be a network level firewall in place preventing access?

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Noble Member
Ahh yes, if you use Windows 10 as primary machine, the issue you observed on your Windows 7 primary machine before will not happen there.
The display off problem on your Windows 7 primary machine seems to be a bug on our Windows 7 driver (WDDM Filter Hook Driver), and it's not about the network level firewall since your client was able to discover and connect to the server properly.

Thank you for sending the new logs by the way, we have analyzed it and unfortunately we still cannot find what causes the problem.
I guess this spacedesk bug only happens with this particular Nvidia Quadro GPU.
We tried here with our Windows 7 + Nvidia GPUs (but not Quadro) and we didn't reproduce the problem.

Unfortunately, spacedesk bugs on Windows 7 will not be fixed any more.
Windows 7 is reaching the end of its life cycle (January 14, 2020 will be the end of support), for more details please check here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/13853/windows-lifecycle-fact-sheet.

We can only recommend you to update to Windows 10 operating system.
With our Windows 10 driver (WDDM IddCx Indirect display driver model), the display off bug will be gone.

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2019 spacedesk Support Forum

Please Login or Register