Connected - Display...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Connected - Display Off. Drivers videiodapter and keyboard doesn't setup  

Nawis
Registered
(@nawis)

Hello. I lost a lot of time for this trouble, after setup latest update "Windows 10 x64 ver. 0.9.59" can't see display on android, just writing that "Connected - Display off". After searching I find that this version just delete videoadapter spacedesk and keyboard, because driver mouse spacedesk has. I Tried more variables for decide but helped nothing. Also tried just reinstall this version five try, nothing. I wanted setup older version but on official site has only lastest, and version for other windows don't setup. Older version on other site also can't find. How I can setup this drivers?

Topic Tags
20 Replies
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @nawis,
With our most recent spacedesk Driver 0959, we are now using software device installation approach which means spacedesk Graphics Adapter will only be installed on device manager upon successful client/viewer connect.

If you are getting a Display OFF status on your client app, maybe there's a problem with our server.
To further analyze this issue, please download the spacedesk diagnostic script on the link below, then extract it.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ilm5em35h0ygsfm/2020_spacedeskDiagnosticTool.zip?dl=0

Inside you will find spacedeskDiagnosticTool.cmd, just right-click it then run as administrator.
This script will start a debug view app to capture spacedesk debug traces.
On step 5 it will prompt you to reproduce the issue (by connecting the viewer app), make sure to do this before pressing any key to continue.
After the script is done, a folder will be created on the same folder as the script file which contains various log files that we need for analysis.
Please right-click it -> Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach the *.zip file on your next reply.

Looking forward to your feedback.
PS: Attach option should be visible below the text editor after your second post.

Nawis
Registered
(@nawis)

Now I'll send zip but I can't use 5 step, because app don't start again after use this debugger, I tried restart pc and start connect in app and after this start debugger but also on the 5 step nothing. Also when I searched fix early, I tried stop app in the task manager and allways after this step I had to restar pc because can't again start spacedesk

Nawis
Registered
(@nawis)
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @nawis,
Thanks for sending the zipped file, we are currently checking the debug view log file, however the traces does not give us any clue what the problem is..

What do you mean by "I can't use 5 step, because app don't start again after use this debugger," ?
Does the debug view not showing any traces while you do the step 5 by connecting the viewer (with display off status)?
Did you follow the steps below? If not, can you try it again?
1. run the script
2. on step 5 connect your viewer app and let it fail (display off) - debug view should be able to show spacedesk traces
3. press any key to continue on the console screen of the script
4. let it finish until a new folder is created then send it again to us

FYI: You can easily restart the spacedeskService on the services window, you don't have to restart your pc every time you stop it on task manager.
Just run "services.msc", find spacedeskService and you can start/stop it there.

Nawis
Registered
(@nawis)

Sorry for my bad english. I mean that can't connect again after use debugger because app spacedesk on windows doesn't start again and android spacedesk ofcourse can't connect by ip to pc without start app on pc. Before 5 step in debugger told that "[SC] StartService: error: 1056: One copy of the service is already running." But nothing in task manager. And I tried this early, "Just run "services.msc", find spacedeskService and you can start/stop it there.". But it's also imposibly because does'nt give me to click buttons start or stop / restart ... In this line just written that "status: stopped"

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @nawis,

Ok, thanks for the explanation.
Did you connect a viewer before running the script?
It seems like the spacedeskService is hanging on your primary machine.
And I think it hangs upon viewer connect.

Can you try the steps below:
1. run the msi installer and try to repair
2. Open services.msc, and try to stop-start the spacedeskService, if it started properly
3. run the diagnostic script again (as administrator)
4. on step 5, please connect your viewer app - debug view should be able to show the spacedesk traces
5. proceed until the script is finished then send again the files (or maybe the DebugView.log only).

PS: To stop the hanging spacedeskService, please "End task" it on the task manager and after that you will be able to restart it on services.msc.

Nawis
Registered
(@nawis)

Yeah, thanks, you were right, when said "I think it hangs upon viewer connect." I could made all this steps after restart pc and when wasn't connect yet from android to pc. And now I send zip archive. But also after this I againe tried stop and start this process in services.msc and failed how it was always after viewer connect

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @nawis,
Thanks for sending a new log files.
We will analyze it and get back to you as soon as we have any news with this issue.
Last question, with previous driver version (0934) on your machine this issue is not happening, is that correct?

Nawis
Registered
(@nawis)

I can not say exactly. I know that worked before on 0934, and I often used this app. And in start august I left for a two week, when I returned, I saw that there was an update for the pc, and immediately installed

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @nawis,
Thanks for the info.
Can you quickly try our 2 older MSI and compare?
Please download these 2 older version here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2rlnxp0qxgrykli/old_version_0934-37.zip?dl=0
It contains v0934 and v0937 MSIs please check both version if the same issue is also happening.

Nawis
Registered
(@nawis)

Hmm, yeah, both this version has the same trouble that the last version. But I thought that this trouble I got only when setup 0.9.59. Then this mean that trouble in my pc? I always setup last drivers for all programs and windows, maybe this trouble

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @nawis,
Thanks for testing it.
We will get back to you as soon we have any news with this issue, we are still trying to reproduce it on our side but so far it's not yet successful.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @nawis,

Follow up on this bug:
We received feedback from 2 users with the same issue as yours.
And they confirmed that when their primary and secondary machine are connected on the same wifi network but with different frequency (e.g. primary machine connected on 5Ghz wifi network while their android device is connected on 2.4Ghz wifi), the issue happened.
Then the spacedesk connection worked when they connected on the same frequency.

Can you please check on your side if you have the same case?

RupertTheBear
Registered
(@rupertthebear)

I'm experiencing the same bug, and it might be related: My Android tablet was connecting to a different 5Ghz AP than the laptop (also 5Ghz.) The Android app detected and connected, cos on the same network, but something about being on different AP's meant to display.

As soon as I got them both on the same AP it worked instantly. I tried disconnected and reconnected a few times, and it seems "being on the same AP" was the deciding factor.

Nawis
Registered
(@nawis)

Yeah! You was right. Before I seated close wifi router that use 2,4 and 5 Ghz, and I tried today, with this router really work peferctly, but trouble now I always seat close to wifi router TP-LINK TL-WR741ND that use only 2,4 ghz and I can't change this, so how can I fix it?

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @nawis,

Thanks for the confirmation.
As of now, we are still trying to reproduce it on our side with different frequency but so far we are not yet successful.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @nawis,
Can you quickly try our recent spacedesk Driver v0964 on our website and check again.
Then let us know the result if your server and client are connected on different frequency.

Nawis
Registered
(@nawis)

Sorry, can't quickly try, only after come back, in 8 hours

Nawis
Registered
(@nawis)

Sorry for long waiting, I tried but i got the same mistake. But thanks to you i understood that my problem in router and temporary I can use this app when make wifi hotspot from smartphone and connect from windows to this. It's don't comfort because uses mibile traffic but it's work

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @nawis,
Thanks for quickly trying it.

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2020 spacedesk Support Forum