Welcome Visitor! Please Login or Register
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Close/exit button  

kikihun
Registered
(@kikihun)

Can you just add a close/exit button where you can close the app? It's too long to search it in the taskManagger and stop it.

4 Replies
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member
Are you referring to the spacedeskService?
Can you tell us why do you want to stop it?
hadi
 hadi
Registered
(@hadi)

Posted by: @spacedesklea
Are you referring to the spacedeskService?
Can you tell us why do you want to stop it?

Hey! I just downloaded spacedesk, and it seems to work great on my iPad (Apple Pencil notwithstanding)! I will try it out with both a laptop and an iPad soon, and if all works well then I'll have upgraded to a 4 monitor setup instead of 2, which will be amazing! That said... I don't want or need all the extra monitors all the time, and so I don't like to have the app running in the background when I'm not using it. I couldn't find a way to quit, so I had to use the task manager. Isn't there another way to quit the server app?

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @hadi,
For now we don't have a quick close or exit button to immediately stop our service.
But you can manually stop the spacedeskService, just run services.msc, find spacedeskService and stop it.
If you want, you can set the start type to Manual so it will not auto-start upon Windows boot up.
Then just manually start it only when you need it.

hadi
 hadi
Registered
(@hadi)

Posted by: @spacedesklea

Hi @hadi,
For now we don't have a quick close or exit button to immediately stop our service.
But you can manually stop the spacedeskService, just run services.msc, find spacedeskService and stop it.
If you want, you can set the start type to Manual so it will not auto-start upon Windows boot up.
Then just manually start it only when you need it.

Alright. That's fine. You might want to consider adding that, though.

By the way, I tried it out with a laptop and an iPad, and it worked! I have two monitors, it was pretty fun to add two more! It even worked with Display Fusion, Fences and Wallpaper Engine! Though it started to lag when I added a wallpaper on all 4. In any case, this will be very useful when I need to multitask.

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2020 spacedesk Support Forum