Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Can't uninstall  

eis
 eis
Registered
(@eis)

Hey, I wanted to try spacedesk out since I recently got a ipad. Sadly it dosnet work but thats not what this is about. I wanted to uninstall the programm but it got stuck so tried to uninstall it with revo uninstaller since windows also didnt work. I decided to try it one more time but it said there is still a driver installed and when I try to uninstall it gets stuck in that process again. I recently had this problem with another software so maybe its my pc but i dont know. All help is appreciated!

8 Replies
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @eis,
Could you please try the Microsoft Troubleshooting tool.
For more info, please follow the steps in UNINSTALL ON WINDOWS PRIMARY MACHINE -> Troubleshooting Uninstall -> Step 2:Try Microsoft Fix chapter in our user manual https://spacedesk.net/user-manual.

fixyourbrokenshit
Registered
(@fixyourbrokenshit)

Tried all of that, doesn't work.

On top of not being able to uninstall the program/driver, it is continuously logging to spacedeskSetup.log. Every second the file increases in moderate size, slowly adding up to a nice chunk of data, nice.

SetupApiDeviceInfoSet::DeviceInfoEnumerateFirst SetupDiGetDeviceRegistryProperty failed 0x0000000d

>>> [Delete Device - ROOT\SPACEDESK_VIRTUAL_HID_DEVICE\0000]
>>> Section start 2021/03/31 03:34:04.458
cmd: "C:\WINDOWS\Installer\MSIF8F7.tmp" -uninstall_W10
<<< Section end 2021/03/31 03:34:04.458
<<< [Exit status: FAILURE(0xe0000231)]

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @fixyourbrokenshit,
For further analysis, could you please send us the following:
- run dxdiag.exe on your primary machine, click "Save all information" and send us the output file
- spacedeskSetup.log file located in C:\Users\Public
- setupapi.dev.log file located in C:\Windows\INF

Please save all requested files in one folder, then right-click -> Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach the *.zip file on your next reply.

PS: Attach option should be visible on your side after your second post.

rinat84
Registered
(@rinat84)

I also ran into a problem to delete

Spoiler
setupapi.dev.log
>>> [Delete Device - ROOT\SPACEDESK_VIRTUAL_HID_DEVICE\0000]
>>> Section start 2021/03/31 20:10:18.692
cmd: "C:\windows\Installer\MSI83A0.tmp" -uninstall_W10
<<< Section end 2021/03/31 20:10:18.692
<<< [Exit status: FAILURE(0xe0000231)]

Spoiler
spacedeskSetup.log
SetupApiDeviceInfoSet::DeviceInfoEnumerateFirst wcsstr(Root\VID_DATRONICSOFT_PID_SPACEDESK_DRIVER_HID_0001, VID_DATRONICSOFT_PID_SPACEDESK_DRIVER_HID_0001)
SetupApiDeviceInfoSet::CurrentInstanceDeviceUninstall SetupDiCallClassInstaller failed 0xe0000231
FunctionDriver::PrivateDevicesUninstall DeviceInfoSet.CurrentInstanceDeviceUninstall failed
SetupApiDeviceInfoSet::DeviceInfoEnumerateFirst SetupDiGetDeviceRegistryProperty failed 0x0000000d

rinat84
Registered
(@rinat84)

managed to delete

devcon -f remove *spacedesk*

then deleted all HID devices in the device manager and repeated again

devcon -f remove *spacedesk*

after that, the installation file removed the remnants

Szago
Registered
(@szago)

Same happening to me, I decided to try spacedesk today and I'm getting pretty frustrated...

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @eis, @fixyourbrokenshit, @szago,

We are currently investigating and fixing this uninstall issue.
A new driver installer will be available very soon.
We will get back to you as soon as it's available.

Hi @rinat84,
Thanks for the suggestion. This is very helpful work around for the issue.
We are currently trying to come up with the solution which will be easier for all.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Please check our recent post here: https://forum.spacedesk.ph/community/postid/7358/

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2020 spacedesk Support Forum