Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Can't uninstall the spacedesk Windows 10 driver  

timo
 timo
Registered
(@timo)

Hello,
today I installed 64-bit version of the spacedesk Windows 10 driver, but some hours later, I tried to uninstall the spacedesk Windows 10 driver with several different methods but none of them worked. For instance, I tried it via the control panel, apps & features, the installation file (spacedesk_driver_Win_10_64_v0989_BETA.msi) and even IOBit uninstaller (a program to uninstall stubborn programs) but everytime I get stuck in an uninstallation window with a green bar, which doesn't move at all after a certain point (the same happens when I try to use the repair-function of the installation file). When I cancel the uninstallation process (the "cancel"-button doesn't work, so I have to stop it in the task manager) the driver seems to be gone (at least I can't find it in apps & features and the control panel) but as soon as I restart my computer, it just reappears in apps & features and the control panel. 

Also, I tried deleting the program files manually, which didn't work as well, because all of them are located in the System32 directory (C:\\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository), where I'm generally unable to delete files. 
Can anyone help me please? Any help is appreciated.

4 Replies
SOCORROPORFAVOR
Registered
(@socorroporfavor)

Hello @timo, I am not a Moderator of spacedesk, but I managed to permanently delete their app from my PC, you will need to download the app, GeekUninstall, after downloading it in a .zip or 7z file, you extract it (it can be with winrar ) then the app will appear, double click on it and it will enter, scroll down until you find the SpaceDesk app, click uninstall, if it doesn't work, click Force Removal, it will take files from the app and delete from the pc, causing q the app is permanently deleted from your computer. Hope this helps!

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @timo,

We are currently investigating and fixing this uninstall issue.
A new driver installer will be available very soon.
We will get back to you as soon as it's available.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Please check our recent post here: https://forum.spacedesk.ph/community/postid/7358/

timo
 timo
Registered
(@timo)

@spacedesklea @socorroporfavor

Thank you both very much! I think it worked. I used both of your suggestions, because uninstalling spacedesk with GeekUninstall removed the spacedesk driver permanently from my computer, but there were still some files left. That's why I followed the steps in the user manual on how to uninstall spacedesk manually ( removed link ) provided by @spacedesklea. Now, every trace of spacedesk is permanently removed from my computer.
Thank you!!!

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2020 spacedesk Support Forum