For the life of me, I cannot seem to detect main machine from the viewer, or establish a connection with manual IP input
Main machine i5-9500, RTX 2070S, 1tb SSD, 8gb DDR4 2400 RAM.
Secondary machine: Surface Pro 4, i5, 128gb storage with 64gb external microsd, 4gb RAM.
My internet speed averages 600mb removed link
I have read the manual and
- checked that both driver and viewer are installed correctly on either machines
- checked firewalls on main that spacedesk is allowed through
- tried desktop on ethernet connection with secondary on wifi (still the same network) (tried using both wifi and ethernet IP)
- tried desktop and secondary on the same wifi
- tried desktop hotspotting secondary (tried hotspot IP and wifi IP)
- checked router settings that network isolation is inactive
- not using VPN while trying to establish connection
- tried using HTML5 viewer
please help me. I really cannot afford a secondary monitor right now but I really need it and this was my best hope of using my old surface as a stand-in until I save up enough.