Facebook Like Button

Welcome Visitor! Please Login or Register
Can't connect with ...

Can't connect with a the IOS client version  

SimonPoirier8675
Registered
(@simonpoirier8675)

Hello guys, 
I'm working as a technical support agent at Université Laval, We have been using your software for a while but recently it doesn't work anymore. We are using a Windows 10 PC for the server and an Ipad mini for the Client. It's working with the Android Client Version, the PC client version and the html5 version, but it doesn't with any Apple devices.

My server is not detected automatically, and when I add the IP manually, it's loading infinitely with the message "IP Validation in progress". I have 2 subnet reserved and both of my devices can ping each other. I asked to my network technician to scan the network while I try to connect the devices together, but she doesn't see any activity from these devices. Do you have any clues on which different protocol the IOS version is using that Windows and Android are not using?

The PC, the iPad Mini and Space Desk have been updated with the last version. 

Thank you and sorry for my broken engllish, it's not my first language

5 Replies
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Famed Member
We have several similar bug reports with our spacedesk iOS app and this seems to be a known issue in our iOS viewer app.
As of now we still don't have a solution for this bug. On some reports it worked then suddenly stopped working just like what you are experiencing.
We also tried to reproduce it here on our side, but so far we have not encountered it yet.
Did you try the spacedesk HTML5 viewer on your iPad device?
Is your iPad device wifi only? or with cellular?

Can you try the following if it helps:
- swiching the wifi OFF then ON on your iPad
- switching the spacedesk SERVER OFF then ON on primary machine
- try wifi direct/mobile hotspot connection or USB tethering if your iPad supports it.
Please refer to the this chapter in our user manual on how to setup.
https://spacedesk.net/user-manual#network-bandwidth

Looking forward to your feedback.
SimonPoirier8675
Registered
(@simonpoirier8675)

Hello Lea,

Thank you for your quick reply.

I can't use the html5 viewer because my subnet, the internet is disable and my iPad mini is wifi only.

I can't afford to have a cable between my two devices because they are in two different rooms.

Do you know any protocols that IOS viewer uses that windows and android viewer don't use?

Thank you again

Simon

SimonPoirier8675
Registered
(@simonpoirier8675)

Hello 

I talked with my tech and is it possible to have access IP addresses to html5 viewer so she can whitelist it on the network?

Thank you 

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Famed Member
Thanks for the feedback.
Our iOS viewer app uses the same protocol as the android and windows viewer app.

Do you know any other possible reason (change in the environment) which could have triggered this problem?

If it's possible, can you try to make both primary machine and your iPad on the same subnet?

Our HTML5 viewer does not really require internet access during operation. You only need the internet for a short time to access the page so you can save it locally on your iPad.
If it's possible, you can try it by following the steps below:
- Temporarily connect your iPad to the internet then open Safari browser and go to HTML5 viewer page ( http://spacedesk.ph/html5viewer).
- Click the "settings" icon beside the address bar of the browser, then click the "Option", check "Web archive", click back button -> "Save to Files" -> Choose to save in on your iPad instead of iCloud driver then click Save.
- You can now disconnect the iPad from the internet. Open the Files folder icon on your home screen and you should find the HTML5 Viewer file there.
Please refer to the screenshots attached for assistance.

Looking forward to your feedback.
SimonPoirier8675
Registered
(@simonpoirier8675)

Hello Lea,

Sorry for the delay, I didn't know you answered before today. Both of my machines are already in the same subnet. I will try the html5 solution.

Thank you for the feedback

Simon

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2019 spacedesk Support Forum

Please Login or Register