Facebook Like Button

Welcome Visitor! Please Login or Register
Cannot detect prima...

[Solved] Cannot detect primary machine  

Chi
 Chi
Registered
(@aynako)

I'm using Windows 10 as primary machine (with Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 graphics adapter), my secondary machine is Android (latest version). Both are connected on wireless network. BUT my spacedesk android viewer cannot detect any primary machine (server), I already tried to manually input the IP address of my primary machine but it's stuck on "IP-Validation in progress..."

Please help, thanks!

2 Replies
spacedesk Nicole
(@spacedesknicole)
Trusted Member

Hi Chi,

Both are connected on wireless network

- Does the router have client isolation disabled?

During spacedesk server setup installation, did you check the option "Add an exception to the Windows Firewall"?
Do you have any third-party Firewall software or antivirus (with own firewall settings) installed on your primary machine that might probably block spacedesk connection? In that case, please check if you can add an exception for spacedesk.
Is VPN (Virtual Private Network) enabled?

Please also read our User Manual. It has the topic "Cannot discover Primary Machine".

Looking forward to your feedback.

Chi
 Chi
Registered
(@aynako)

I have AVG antivirus, I checked the Components - Firewall settings, I added a new application rule to allow C:\Windows\system32\spacedeskService.exe, and viewer can detect now the primary machine. It's working now, thanks!

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2019 spacedesk Support Forum

Please Login or Register