Cannot Detect Prima...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Cannot Detect Primary Machine!  

SaRiKuMi
Registered
(@sarikumi)

I have been using Spacedesk for about half a year. It worked fine until a week ago. Primary & Secondary PC Windows 10 via Wifi. 
It suddenly stopped working from the day before yesterday. Secondary machine's viewer display say "Cannot Detect Primary Machine!". I haven't made any changes to the settings on both PCs.

After that, I uninstalled it from both machines once and tried to install it again. Now Primary version is 0.9.64 and Secondary version is Beta 0.9.25.

And I also tried everything about this post; ttps://forum.spacedesk.ph/community/postid/410/
But there is no change. I still can't connect.

I had the viewer installed on my iPad six months ago. Now, I tried it from the Primary PC to iPad, but the exact same as the above case (Cannot Detect Primary Machine!). I can not connect.

5 Replies
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @sarikumi,
Are both primary and secondary machine connected on the same wireless network?
Can you quickly try if you can ping the IP address of your primary machine from your Windows 10 secondary machine?
Just run command prompt then type: ping <IP address>
And check you you can get a reply.
Then do it also the other way around.

SaRiKuMi
Registered
(@sarikumi)

Thank you. This is the home WIFI, so exactly the same network. I checked it many times.

I tried the IP address command prompt from both sides. Both were the same answer. "It is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @sarikumi,

Thanks for getting back.
Does your home wifi has 2 different frequency (e.g. 2.4Ghz and 5.0Ghz)?
Can you check if your 2 machines are connected on the same frequency?

Posted by: @sarikumi

"It is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

Can you also send us the screenshot of your command prompt showing this result?
Just attach it on your next reply.

SaRiKuMi
Registered
(@sarikumi)

I have two different frequencies. But I'm choosing the same frequency for two PCs.

I tried the IP address command prompt from both sides again. Now answer is "The destination host cannot be reached. 100% loss"

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @sarikumi,
Thanks for the feedback.
Can you also check the following:
- network discovery enabled on both side?
- current network profile of your wifi? Public or Private?
You can see it on Windows Settings -> Network & Internet -> WiFi, the click the WiFi network connected to check the properties.

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2020 spacedesk Support Forum