Cannot detect prima...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Cannot detect primary machine.  

Karen.kirby1
Registered
(@karen-kirby1)

I am using Windows 10 pc   with installed drivers for spacedesk and get message am unable to detect the machine on my amazon fire tablet or my iPad pro. I have vipre software installed on my Windows 10 computer.

4 Replies
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member
Are both computer and tablet connected on the same local area network?
Could you please make sure that C:\Windows\System32\spacedeskService.exe is allowed for incoming and outgoing connection (for Public and Private network) on your Vipre software settings.
Karen.kirby1
Registered
(@karen-kirby1)

Both computers are connected to same wifi. How do I change the setting in virus software. tried to Include image. unable to paste it to message .the spacedesk is checked to communicate in both public and private in the section windows defender firewall ,allowed apps .

Karen.kirby1
Registered
(@karen-kirby1)

I am in the vipre shield software security section and the name is not found. Message is the object name not found because it contains more than one slash or backslash. I am on the surface go computer. 

Thanks 

K

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member
We are not familiar with Vipre software. You might have to contact the Vipre software support and ask if they have this exception settings.
But before that, can you quickly try to turn off/disable the vipre antivirus then try again with spacedesk.
This is just to verify if the antivirus is the one blocking the connection.
If you can connect spacedesk with Vipre disabled, then the problem is on the antivirus settings.

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2020 spacedesk Support Forum