Facebook Like Button

FYI: This old forum site will not be updated anymore. To post a new topic, please click here to register to our new spacedesk Forum site.
Black Screen on Sec...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Black Screen on Secondary Device (Samsung Android 11 Phone)  

lifetime
Registered
(@lifetime)

I have been using spacedesk for a couple of years now and I am happy that I found this software. I am glad that there are people making this possible but I have experienced just today after I updated the app that when I connect to my phone it shows "Connected - Display Off" then it disappears and has a black screen. I waited for a couple of minutes but it still didn't show anything. I tried to switch the display mode to "Show on 2nd screen only" and it showed "COnnected - Display off" again. I hope there is a fix from this... I tried to restart my phone. Restart my laptop. Uninstall the app from my phone and it still didn't work. I tried to turn off my wifi and turn it back on and it still would not work.

14 Replies
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @lifetime,

While it's black screen on the viewer app, did you find the spacedesk display on the display settings on primary machine?
Does the spacedesk SERVER window shows any indicator that there's a viewer connected (e.g. connection count or in network connections (remote) tab) ?

Did you update to our most recent spacedesk Driver v0.9.99?
If not yet, please update and check if you still get the same issue.

In case the problem still persist, could you please send us the following info:
Primary Machine
- operating system (Windows 8.1/10)?
- graphics adapter (AMD/Intel/Nvidia)
- network connection type (wired/wireless/USB tethering/WiFi Direct)

Secondary Machine
- Viewer type (Android/iOS/Windows/HTML5)
- network connection type (wired/wireless/USB tethering/WiFi Direct)

lifetime
Registered
(@lifetime)

hey! @spacedesklea thank you for replying to my concern. The spacedesk window appears and it shows that it has "Connections: 1" and I can see my device in the "Netwrok Connections (Remote)"

Yes, I have updated the software to the latest version of spacedesk. My laptop is Windows 10 and has an AMD Graphics Adapter and I just connected it to my wifi via an ethernet cable removed link For my secondary machine, it is Android 11, and I connected it to the same wifi router removed link

On Thu, Jun 10, 2021 at 9:24 AM spacedesk Community <@spacedesk.ph" target="_blank" rel="noopener">forum@spacedesk.ph> wrote:

Hi lifetime!

You have been mentioned in a post on "Black Screen on Secondary Device (Samsung Android 11 Phone)" by spacedesk Lea.
Post URL: https://forum.spacedesk.ph/community/discussion-board/black-screen-on-secondary-device-samsung-android-11-phone/#post-8180

Best regards,
spacedesk Support team

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @lifetime,
Thanks for the feedback.

Posted by: @lifetime

I can see my device in the "Netwrok Connections (Remote)"

Is it attached or detached?

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Can you  also quickly try to connect via HTML5 Viewer on the same android 11 phone ?
Just open a web browser e.g Google Chrome then go to http://viewer.spacedesk.net/ and connect to the IP address of your primary machine.
Then let us know if you still have the same black screen issue.

lifetime
Registered
(@lifetime)

Hi @spacedesklea thank you for assisting me. In the Network Connections (Remote) it says it's attached (extended) and when I tried to use the HTML 5 Viewer as you said but the problem still persists and it is also stated in the software in the Network Connections remote "attached (extended)".

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @lifetime,
Thanks for quickly trying it.

To further analyze this issue, please download the spacedesk diagnostic script here, then extract it.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8h5llgi8c2ig3g/2021_spacedeskDiagnosticTool.zip?dl=0

Inside you will find spacedeskDiagnosticTool.cmd, just right-click it then run as administrator.
This script will start a debug view app to capture spacedesk debug traces.
On step 5 it will prompt you to reproduce the issue (by connecting the viewer app and wait for the issue to happen), make sure to do this before pressing any key to continue.
After the script is done, a folder will be created on the same folder as the script file which contains various log files that we need for analysis.
Please right-click it -> Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach the *.zip file on your next reply.

lifetime
Registered
(@lifetime)

Hey @spacedesklea! Sorry for the late reply. Here is the .zip file you asked 🙂

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @lifetime,

Thanks for sending the diagnostic logs.

Can you please try the following:
- try with videowall OFF then check if you also get the black screen
- update your AMD graphics driver, driver installer is available on their website https://www.amd.com/en/support
- try our most recent spacedesk Driver v1.0.1 on our website https://spacedesk.net/.

lifetime
Registered
(@lifetime)

Hey @spacedesklea

So I tried to turn off the video wall then I tried it again but it still didn't work... I already updated my AMD graphics driver from the recommendation that the software told me. I also updated to the newest spacedesk Driver but it is still black...

But I found out that when I connect my phone I can control the cursor of my laptop. My laptop's screen didn't show on my phone but I can use my finger and control the cursor of my laptop.

I am really sorry to bother you about my problem...

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @lifetime,
Thanks for trying our suggestions.

Posted by: @lifetime

I connect my phone I can control the cursor of my laptop

Is it relative or absolute touch input?

Next, please try the following:
1. Disable all input device settings on your android viewer app then only use a smaller screen resolution. E.g. disable the use of native screen resolution and set 800x600 on custom resolution.
2. Open your AMD Radeon Software, then click the Settings -> Graphics and click the Reset button on the upper right side of the window, then reboot your primary machine and try again with spacedesk.
Please check the attached screenshot for assistance.

lifetime
Registered
(@lifetime)

Hey @spacedesklea!

It is absolute touch input 🙂

So I tried to disable the "Use of native android device resolution" and I set 800x600 pixels under "Choose Custom Resolution" and once I tried to connect my secondary device to my primary machine the resolution of my laptop changed and it is still black in my android phone. I also tried to reset the AMD driver from the AMD Radeon Software and restarted it and it still didn't work 🙁

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @lifetime,

Thanks for the feedback.
On your primary machine's display settings, can you try to switch to desktop duplication and check if it's also black screen?

lifetime
Registered
(@lifetime)

Hey @spacedesklea!

So yesterday I reached out to Microsoft and discussed some things and they recommend that I update to the newest version of Windows. So after I replied to your message I started the download of the newest version and it took a couple of hours to install and update everything. After that update, I tried to launch again the spacedesk app and IT WORKED!

Thank you so much for assisting me for the past 11 days and I really appreciate the time and effort you gave to help me.

THANK YOU SO MUCH @spacedesklea!

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @lifetime,
We are glad that you were ale to fix the issue. 
In case you encounter other issues related to spacedesk just let us know.

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2020 spacedesk Support Forum