Facebook Like Button

FYI: This old forum site will not be updated anymore. To post a new topic, please click here to register to our new spacedesk Forum site.
Black screen after ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Black screen after installing spacedesk  

Neilthenewman
Registered
(@neilthenewman)

Hey, I installed spacedesk a few minutes ago. As soon as the installation was complete, I heard the notification of a device connecting or disconnecting and my screen went black. I tried restarting my PC but I know it's running, it's just my screen remains black. So I don't know how to proceed to fix the problem. Please help me as I have school assignments and exams for university coming soon and can't afford a new computer at this time.

3 Replies
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @neilthenewman,

Is your primary machine Windows 8.1 or Windows 10?

Can you try to reboot your primary machine in safe mode?
Just press F8 key while your PC is restarting, then an advanced start-up option will be displayed and just press the corresponding key to enable safe mode option.

Neilthenewman
Registered
(@neilthenewman)

I have windows 10.

I tried that but I still can't see anything displayed in safe mode.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Can you quickly try to unplug then plug your monitor cable from your PC ? check if it helps..
If it did not help, can you try to press Windows logo + P hotkeys while it's black screen?

By the way, while it's black screen can you still discover your PC from your viewer app?

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2020 spacedesk Support Forum