Welcome Visitor! Please Login or Register
Bidirectional Prima...

Notifications

Bidirectional Primary Secondary  

ShadoLight
Registered
(@shadolight)

Hi,

At the moment I'm using spacedesk mostly to control 'primary' (PC A) using 'secondary's (PC B) keyboard & mouse (and mapping 'secondary's display to be used by 'primary'). This works fine (Win 7 x64).

There are times though where I would prefer to switch the whole thing around i.e. control PC B from PC A's keyboard and mouse (and mapping PC A's display to be used by PC B).

I guess the easiest would be to simply install the 'primary' driver and 'secondary' client on both machines, and just launch the client from the applicable machine.

Is this possible? Does the 'primary' driver and 'secondary' client clash if installed on the same machine? (I checked the manual but could not find anything on this).

I guess I could try and find out, but I thought I would 1st ask here in case someone knows the answer - I don't want to mess up my setup if this is not supported.

PS. Also - I noticed that Skype for Business is specified as 'known application' causing problems when run alongside spacedesk. I'm actually running Skype for Business (Office 2013 version) and I am not experiencing any issues (and it does not matter if i run Skype on primary, secondary or even both!).

2 Replies
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Famed Member

Hi @shadolight,

Posted by: @shadolight

Is this possible? Does the 'primary' driver and 'secondary' client clash if installed on the same machine? (I checked the manual but could not find anything on this).

I guess I could try and find out, but I thought I would 1st ask here in case someone knows the answer - I don't want to mess up my setup if this is not supported.

Yes it is possible to install spacedesk Driver and Viewer on the same machine. There should be no conflict.
And you can switch primary to secondary and vice versa.

Posted by: @shadolight

PS. Also - I noticed that Skype for Business is specified as 'known application' causing problems when run alongside spacedesk. I'm actually running Skype for Business (Office 2013 version) and I am not experiencing any issues (and it does not matter if i run Skype on primary, secondary or even both!).

It's good to hear that you don't have any issues with Skype for Business.
But some of our users experienced it.

ShadoLight
Registered
(@shadolight)

Thanks Lea - that is good news! I'll try it out.

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2020 spacedesk Support Forum