as above

Topic Tags
5 Replies
leon
 leon
Registered
(@leon)
Eminent Member

I have an app running the JCIFS library, that implements the CIFS/SMB networking protocol , in an android phone.
When   spacedesk in another android tablet connected with the Windows PC, the call of the library will fail. So I have to turn off the wifi of the tablet firstly. Do you know what is the problem?

leon
 leon
Registered
(@leon)
Eminent Member

I am not sure if that is related or not. But that appears to happen when spacedesk is connected.

leon
 leon
Registered
(@leon)
Eminent Member

I am not sure if that is related or not. But that appears to happen when spacedesk is connected.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @leon,

So you mean, when there's an active connection of spacedesk between your android tablet and Windows PC, the app with JCIFS library on your other device (android phone) is failing?

Actually, we are not familiar with JCIFS library and if it has conflict with spacedesk.
This is the first time we received such report.

We are not really sure if it's a spacedesk related problem since the spacedesk connection is between your tablet and Windows PC only and not with your android phone that has this JCIFS library.

leon
 leon
Registered
(@leon)
Eminent Member

I just find that that library is a bit outdated and there are new ones. Maybe I will update it to a new alternatives later.

>> If you're looking for the latest and greatest open source Java SMB library, this is not it. JCIFS has been in maintenance-mode-only for several years and although what it does support works fine (SMB1, NTLMv2, midlc, MSRPC and various utility classes), jCIFS does not support the newer SMB2/3 variants of the SMB protocol which is slowly becoming required (Windows 10 requires SMB2/3). JCIFS only supports SMB1 but Microsoft has deprecated SMB1 in their products. So if SMB1 is disabled on your network, JCIFS' file related operations will NOT work. Fortunately there are multiple new open source SMB Java projects to try including the following: jcifs-codelibs jcifs-ng smbj

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2020 spacedesk Support Forum