Facebook Like Button

Welcome Visitor! Please Login or Register

Another display  

slapmeandcallmesteak
Registered
(@slapmeandcallmesteak)

So I have the viewer setup on a laptop with a monitor connected to the laptop and the viewer doesn't allow me to use that monitor is this intentional or is it fixable?

4 Replies
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Estimable Member

Hi @slapmeandcallmesteak
Could you please further describe your setup?
Can you tell us your primary machine and secondary machine's operating systems, network type (wired/wireless), graphics adapter, etc..
Are you trying to connect your windows viewer to your local host?

slapmeandcallmesteak
Registered
(@slapmeandcallmesteak)

So basically my laptop (secondary wireless) has a wired monitor connected to it (it's vga to hdmi) and I connected it to my desktop (primary) and the monitor connect to my laptop wouldn't connect as another display when using spacedesk, it would only use the laptop screen. I was wondering if that was intentional or if it wasn't implemented. 

slapmeandcallmesteak
Registered
(@slapmeandcallmesteak)

So basically my laptop (secondary wireless) has a wired monitor connected to it (it's vga to hdmi) and I connected it to my desktop (primary) and the monitor connect to my laptop wouldn't connect as another display when using spacedesk, it would only use the laptop screen. I was wondering if that was intentional or if it wasn't implemented. 

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Estimable Member

Hi @slapmeandcallmesteak
so you want to extend your desktop screen on your laptop screens (main laptop screen + extra monitor)?
If that's the case, you should run 2 spacedesk windows viewer instance on your laptop. The first viewer will run on your laptop screen and then you move the second viewer on your extra monitor connected to your laptop. Then connect both spacedesk viewers to your primary machine's(desktop) IP address.

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2019 spacedesk Support Forum

Please Login or Register