all touch screen ge...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

all touch screen gestures not working in windows 8.1  

Gaurav
Registered
(@gaurav)

Hello , I am gaurav , i love spacedesk(it is amazing).

I first downloaded and used spacedesk on windows 10 , all gestures were working wonderfully however i decided to downgrade to windows 8.1 because it is more fun to use with a touch screen however none of the gestures are working , i have choosed absolute touch on my Ipad however what i am getting in more like relative touch. 

please help me out over here as i have tried everything , i have  even reinstalled windows. 

here is my dxdiag information:-

removed link <a title="dxdiag" href=" removed link " target="true"> removed link

YOURS TRULY

GAURAV

7 Replies
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @gaurav,

What is the current spacedesk driver installed on your Windows 8.1 machine?
We have double checked here with our Windows 8.1 machine and iPad and absolute touch screen gesture seems to work.
Attach option should be visible on your side after your second post.
Please try to attach again your dxdiag info.

Gaurav
Registered
(@gaurav)

Hello , thanks for replying.

My spacedesk version is 0.9.73. the absolute touch is working however all the gestures like swipe from left to switch between apps , swipe from right to get the charms menu , swipe up on the lock screen , and all the other gestures are not working. 

i have noticed one difference between windows 10 and 8.1 , in 10 under system properties it says "pen or touch with 20 points" however in windows 8.1 it says "no pen or touch supported"

I dont see the option to attach the dxdiag however i am again trying to paste the google drive link.

removed link " target="true"> removed link

Again thanks for replying.

Yours Truly,

Gaurav

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @gaurav,

Ah I see.
spacedesk Driver on Windows 8.1 has a legacy (Keyboard/Mouse/Touch) driver while our driver for Windows 10 is already using a HID driver for remote keyboard/Mouse/Touch/Pen input.

The absolute touch screen on Windows 8.1 is only emulating the mouse cursor while the absolute touch on Windows 10 can already do the actual touchscreen input.

Gaurav
Registered
(@gaurav)

ok , now i get it , so is there way to get that same "the absolute touch on Windows 10 can already do the actual touchscreen input" on windows 8.1 ????

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @gaurav,
There's no plan to change the current Legacy KTM (Keyboard Touch Mouse) driver for Windows 8.1 at the moment.
We are currently focusing on improving the features on Windows 10 machines.

Gaurav
Registered
(@gaurav)

i really wanted to use windows 8.1 on a touchscreen with all the gestures , so is there any way of getting that driver on windows 8.1 ???

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @gaurav,
Currently it's not possible.
The spacedesk HID driver that we have for Windows 10 is a User-Mode Driver Framework (UMDF) HID driver that only supports Windows 10 machine.

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2020 spacedesk Support Forum