Add support to keep...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Add support to keep aspect ratio when displaying using android/ios app client  

Adam Que
Registered
(@adam-que)

Hi spacedesk support. I would like to request for adding support to display the additional screen in a fixed aspect ratio when using the Android/IOS mobile client app. Currently, if you use your phone or tablet as additional display and set the resolution is below the native resolution of the client's device display, the image will turn out a bit stretched. To me this is quite an issue because most phones right now uses wider aspect ratio for the display and I afraid that when I set to the native resolution, it could give a pain to my host device.

3 Replies
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member
Our spacedesk Android and iOS Viewer apps also supports the native screen resolution of the client device. You can check it on the Viewer's settings -> Resolution.
If the display is currently smaller than the device's native resolution, you can easily switch to the native screen resolution, in the display settings window of your primary machine.

Adam Que
Registered
(@adam-que)

I'm aware that the app supports my native phone resolution (1080*2340, wide 18:9 ratio), but I would like to set it to standard 16:9 ratio because I'm afraid that my host computer struggling to display the full resolution. That's what I meant.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member
Then please try with other resolution in the custom resolution list of the viewer settings. There should be a resolution with 16:9 ratio there.

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2020 spacedesk Support Forum