Facebook Like Button

Welcome Visitor! Please Login or Register
Ability to create v...

Ability to create virutal display without client connection  

Msprg
Registered
(@msprg)

Normally, this application works, that when the client SW wants to connect to server SW, the server SW checks supported resolutions of the client device, then creates a "virtual display/screen" and then server start capturing the virtual screen and streaming it through network to the client.

Please, I beg you, add a feature, where you can create the virtual screen with custom resolution without needing client SW to connect.

I know that this is not quite what is your application designed to do, but I believe it is not hard to add just this "cropped" functionallity to it. I am requesting especially you, because your application already has everything what is needed.

Hope you understand.

2 Replies
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Prominent Member
Hi @msprg,
May we know why you need this feature?
Currently we have no plans for a standalone virtual desktop to be available in our spacedesk software and will not be possible in the foreseeable future.
Msprg
Registered
(@msprg)

Hi Lea,

I wanted to use my TV screen as an external monitor via spacedesk using Raspberry Pi. But because you does not hhave support for a linux client, the only way was to try HTML5 browser client, which... sucks. The lag is too big to be useful, also it was unstable and loaded about 100% of CPU. (And both server and client-RPi were on the same LAN connected via ethernet to the same switch.) Absolutely useless.

Fast forward about 2 years to present, and I few days ago found out about game streaming solution. Parsec. Description promised fast, reliable, low latency connection. And they had RPi client availible. So I tried it, why not? And it worked flawlessly! There was almost no notable lag. And then I got an idea: If this is working with game on screen (which is hi-bitrate video bassically) so good, if I could "game-stream" just virtual screen, it should work even better!

So there we go. This is why I need a mean to add a fake second display, so I can stream it with parsec. Kinda defeates purpose of your software, but there is no such thing, and you already have the basics to do so, only I have to have client connected in order to create another display which is contraproductive.

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2019 spacedesk Support Forum

Working

Please Login or Register